Friday, April 18, 2008

Incredible Story Of How The Brain Defines Us

This is well worth the 18 minutes to watch this! This woman is incredible!! Neuroanatomist Jill Bolte Taylor had an opportunity few brain scientists would wish for: One morning, she realized she was having a massive stroke. As it happened -- as she felt her brain functions slip away one by one, speech, movement, understanding -- she studied and remembered every moment. This is a powerful story about how our brains define us and connect us to the world and to one another.



Many of you may be wondering why I would care about a video like this. But, to me, I have always been fascinated about how things work. As a kid, I used to take apart radios, telephones, or any electronical equipment I could get my hands on. I wanted to see how it worked inside. I was always fascinated with the human body in the same way................ except I never wanted to take it apart! But, through books and classes, I learned how things function. The brain is such a fascinating part of the body, it could take years to understand how this functions, and all the different parts of it. But, this is a pretty cool insight.

Love,
Jackie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It’s become a complete blast when everyone going to see this fabulists video.
Phone Sex